Thread: Luger Values
View Single Post
Unread 10-03-2005, 08:40 PM   #5
redbird dave
User

Prices continue to go up like everything else. Three years ago I got bit by the luger bug. I searched high and low around Indianapolis and in Illinois for a shooter for around $500.00. Long story short, very few lugers and the lowest priced guns were in the range of $600 to $750.00. Being a newbie I wasn't even sure what I was looking at. I now know that a few of the guns I stumbled upon were Russian reworks and mismatched reblued guns. As it turned out my money was burning a hole in my pocket and I found an all matching reblued 1918 DWM at the Big Indy Gun Show that comes around every 4-5 months. No price on the gun. I asked the price after looking it over. He said $450.00 and I said sold. The gun is not beat up, original grips and the blue job is pretty good. To this day I know I probably could have got it for $400.00 but I have yet to see another one, even in poor condition, for anything near this price. I now have read books and have learned a ton of info from this great forum. With this additional knowledge I continue my search for my next luger. Happy luger hunting!!!!
redbird dave is offline   Reply With Quote