View Single Post
Unread 08-14-2005, 12:11 PM   #3
surlydog
User

Thanks John, I know its an uphill climb. I have had a number of Lugers over the last 40yrs, but none have I encountered as outstanding as this one. (email me for set of photo's-atkinsgoldnglory@aol.com) being a presentation piece as well, it of course has the GL die stamp also. I am somewhat surprised no-one has done a study of dies used to mark these rare examples, it would limit questions as to fake or not. This piece has never been publicly offered for sale and until recently been in the family of the G.I. that brought it back. He was a demolition man assigned with his "squad" to demolish an estate, I imagine for tacticle reasons, at any rate the home had a walk in safe which the men blew the door to and this Luger was found inside. The gun was presented to Alfred von Tripitz, whom I am sure you are aware was prominent in that first military order (Navy) of Lugers. I would rate it in the top 3-5 desireable Lugers known. you my not agree but the fact being prototype and presentation to Tripitz adds enormous historical value to it as well..Condition is as new..Again thank you for you email....Harry