View Single Post
Unread 01-05-2022, 12:18 PM   #8
Batty67
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTR04 View Post
Very nice example of a byf 41. I'm curious, what is the number stamped inside the sideplate? Also, is the takedown lever hard to turn after the sideplate is removed. I have a byf 42 that is like that. Extremely hard to turn to release the sideplate, as in, you need to pry it with a plastic tool to start it. After the sideplate it removed, the takedown lever is still very stiff however, it is easily removed from the frame.
Thanks. Numbered 95, which a friend who is very knowledgable, stated is correct for this byf (1 more than the first numbers 94). Good question about whether the take down lever is hard to turn with sideplate off. I'll need to double-check (which means disengaging it again). As I recall (faintly), it is still a bit stiff, but with the sideplate on, which fits perfectly, it becomes incredibly tight. A Luger expert at the gunshow where I picked it up, but NOT from him, indicated that it is so ridiculously tight that he'd consider very (very) careful removal of material off the back of the sideplate.

Last edited by Batty67; 01-05-2022 at 02:08 PM.
Batty67 is offline   Reply With Quote