View Single Post
Unread 01-05-2022, 11:30 AM   #1
Batty67
User

Default byf 41 Luger (new to me)

Picked this up last weekend at a very large gunshow. My first Luger. All matching, save the magazine, which does not appear to be correct for this late production, so-called "Black Widow." On that note, any information anyone can provide on the magazine would be appreciated. I understand that an FXO (aluminum bottom since suffix "P") would be "correct"; or, would an unmarked black plastic base be correct?

The bakelite grips are genuine and worn on the inside. They appear to be "type 3" per the sticky on this great website. I tried the hot pin test and it barely made an indent.

Took a while to take some decent (or better) pix, after I carefully cleaned and lubricated the Luger. I took many more pictures during the disassembly, so I can add more, as requested.

All-in-all, I'm very pleased with my purchase of such an elegant, if Nazi era, firearm.

Please let me know what you think, share insights, and let me know if you have any questions. On that note, how would you rate the overall finish and condition? Thanks!

Batty67 is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 6 members says Thank You to Batty67 for your post: