View Single Post
Unread 02-11-2001, 07:31 AM   #19
Kyrie
User

Default Re: US Military Collectors

Hi Johnny,

Thank you for your reply

Firstly, when I referred to US arms I was thinking exclusively about M1's and should have said so. I did not and apologize for the confusion my omission obviously caused.

Secondly regarding the holster, I was referring to numbered parts and the term "matching" has meaning only in that context. The individual pieces of leather that make up a holster are not numbered and in this context the terms "matching" or "mismatched" have no meaning. For clarity, I'd suggest using either "all original" to indicate as it came from the factor", or "all correct" to indicate it was repaired by the using authority (arsenal field repair and the like), or "restored" to indicate an attempt was made to bring a damaged holster back to its original configuration by some collector/shooter. Or the phrase "fixed by a Bubba" to indicate it was repaired in a way different from the original design by some shooter just so it could be used. I'd use the word "fake" to describe the holster only if it were presented as all original when it was not.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Kyrie