View Single Post
Unread 09-26-2003, 03:56 AM   #4
Big Norm
RIP

Mishima,
do not worry about hurting our feelings about your situation. Personally, I feel strong sympathy for your concern. We have many British, Canadian and Australian members on this board who are in the same predicament as you are. The above member Tom A is a very good gun person and John Sabato has a lot of good information that he could share with you.

The spring that you mentioned is easily available on Ebay and I doubt that shooting a well built gun such as the Luger would do much damage. The Luger requires ammunition that is a little more powerful than some other ammunition. If you do not get Luger ammunition then the gun will probably jam with the empty cartridge but cause no real damage to the gun.

Your Luger is a highly valued treasure. But the holster is even rarer and equally valuable. Do not put any shoe polish on it or preservatives. Just try to keep it in a cool and dry place.

If the magazine is serial numbered to the gun, then do not try to use that magazine. Additional dents or chipping of that wood bottom will just lower its value as an original match to the gun. Plus the little button on the side that holds down the spring could break very easily thus destroying its value.

I just hope that this helps you in some small way.
Big Norm
Big Norm is offline   Reply With Quote