View Single Post
Unread 05-14-2013, 12:39 AM   #7
OD#3
User

Actually, the star is on the right side above the front of the trigger guard, but it's been peened out. This is the second VOPO Luger I've ever messed with. I shot a bud's about 10 years ago. It was rough to look at but functioned flawlessly. I did manage a range trip with mine last week. Ammo was hard to scrounge up, and I ended up trading some .45 ACP to a buddy for some. I wantetd Winchester White box. He came up with two boxes of Fiocchi and one of Remington UMC. I was very much impressed with the Fiocchi. Velocity was around 1080 f.p.s., and overall length was quite long (1.159). Function was flawless with that, and accuracy was superb. The Remington wouldn't chamber. If I loaded a couple of Fiocchi's on top of 6 Remingtons, it fed fine. But 8 rounds of Remington caused the nose to ram into the top of the chamber mouth and seated the bullet deeper into the case. I ruined a few rounds this way until I gave up with the Remingtons. Incidentally, the Remington was quite a bit shorter. Another buddy made some truncated cone lead reloads for me. These weren't as long as the Fiocchi, but they were longer than the Remingtons and fed fine well--though they weren't nearly as accurate as the Fiocchi. All in all, it was a successful range trip. I have a truncated cone mold on backorder. If/when it finally arrives, I'll try some of Seiger's recipes. Sure wish I had more of that Fiocchi ammo though.

Last edited by OD#3; 05-14-2013 at 12:42 AM. Reason: addition
OD#3 is offline   Reply With Quote