Unread 06-29-2002, 11:45 AM   #14
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,502 Times in 2,077 Posts
Red face

Well Johnny, I happened to drop by Ralph’s house to pick up my first collector Luger (on my trip from Texas to Washington) and he excitedly showed me the Carbine he had picked up the day before after flying out to look at it and then pick it up.

It never occurred to me that the pictures he allowed me to take would irritate people.

Why wouldn't people want to hear and see this carbine?

Did I bypass some protocol by publishing pictures on the forum without having it documented?

I thought the discussion on this would bring excitement, but was surprised to see the anger it aroused in people.

And I guess I myself have asked for "calm and cool heads", because I don't understand why many experts who have not seen it and have refused to go look at it, assume it is fake. The only way you can observe and make true comments is to study it.

Now if people say that they have NOT been allowed to look at it and provide facts, then that would be one thing. But I keep seeing snide character attacks and assumptions that it obviously is fake without ever having gone and seen it.

I find it very interesting that because Ralph has no desire to debate about this issue that that makes him a bad guy?

I don't remember the facts being sent to a world authority, or a controversy? Perhaps I missed something?

So this issue seems to get so hot, but I have noticed that it gets hot because instead of talking about the carbine , there suddenly becomes many innuendoes of sellers and buyers and people getting screwed. And then the thread gets stopped and people get upset?

BTW, what inch size makes it a pistol verus a carbine or rifle. The US Gov't says 16 inches makes it a carbine or rifle, except for some exceptions, such as some of the trapper Winchesters?
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I, Vol II, Vol III and Vol IV

Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote