View Single Post
Unread 12-10-2005, 11:38 AM   #14
lugerlou
User

Pete, not to dispute the provenence letter by Randall Gibson or his good work on Krieghoff research there is quite a few things that bother me about this particular luger.

First and foremost I am no HK expert and do not intend to portray that.

When you look at this particular luger you begin to wonder why Krieghoff would depart from the norm on a few HK characteristic machining techniques.

Given that the photo's present and lighting plays a significant part in comparing 1944 HK lugers with this one is putting oneself out on a limb.

The toggle knob and the apparent lack of the countersunk hole is troubling at best. The pins appear to be blued rather than fire blued and the ejector appears to be strawed.

Also the ramping of the ears looks to have irregularities and not the smooth lines apparent on a HK.

Without looking at the luger up close and personel and given the limited photo's available on line I have serious reserves about this particular luger.

To warrent calling this piece a outright fake would be an prejudicial act.

I certainly hope that given the dollars involved the luger is solid.

I would also like to add that with the recent round of reworked pieces sold at this auction house R.I.A. has a long way to go as they are loosing credibility in the international luger collecting community.

Misrepresenting a piece such as this 1945 HK would be a serious blow to the luger collecting community at large.
lugerlou is offline   Reply With Quote