View Single Post
Unread 11-23-2005, 11:48 AM   #19
maddog350gt
User

It's frustrating my computer keeps freezing up on me before I can post my reply! Let's try it one more time.

Walt and Dwight;

Thanks for the responses I find this type of issue very interesting and I know the owner will appreciate any information we can give him.

Walt I looked in Gibson and all the examples of Krieghoff reworks he showed (last chapter) had left side lazy c/n's. I don't know if this is significant or not.

Dwight; I looked at the posting on Jan's sight and I disagree to some extent. I only saw one Eagle/6 and that was on the grip screw; this is not enough to convince me of a Simson connection. The halos on the serial number and crown/n are puzzling as they tend to indicate that the gun was not reblued in the rework process. The interior of the frame is in the white which would be correct for the original finish but not for a Krieghoff rework finish (Gibson pg 53). I did not take a picture of the interior of the frame on 9007 h but it has been reblued via the salt blue process. This would be consistent with a Krieghoff rework.

Any other thoughts?

Bob M.
maddog350gt is offline   Reply With Quote