View Single Post
Unread 09-15-2005, 02:13 PM   #15
Walt NW
User

Big Norm,
Too many years under the bridge to remember the name of the gentlemen I picked up the "DMW/Krieghoff" from. Know he was a well respected dealer in the Atlantic City, NJ area and had a personal collection that would knock your eyes out. In my now aged and muddled mind, I recall him having about everything except the fabled .45 caliber piece. Anyway, I do recall it was his statement at the time, although this was long before the present books by Jan, Gipson and others were published, that only Krieghoff used the lazy crown N on the right side of the receiver and frame rail as ID for their very early reworks prior to the Krieghoff stamping. Where his information came from, I don't know. Do know in the many years past, I have been able to locate only 2 other Lugers in the hands of dealers or collectors with the lazy N's on the right side of the receiver and frame rail. Really wish I had never bought the damned thing as its been a source of confusion every time I try to get a definative "What is it?"
All the best......Walt
Walt NW is offline   Reply With Quote