View Single Post
Unread 12-21-2004, 12:47 AM   #10
maddog350gt
User

Dwight,

Yes you are correct the guns muzzle crown is blued. I think we missed a response or two when the site switched servers. I saw your questions this morning and wrote you a note then, but I donâ??t see it now. There was another response from a forum member who reported that the two Krieghoffs he had both had polished crowns.

I also looked through Gibson to see if I could find a reference to the muzzle crown and didn't find anything. In reference to the two Krieghoffs the other forum member reported neither were in the 1937 production range. I don't know how relevant the information is, it seems there is a lot of differences in Krieghoff production from year to year. Even interspersed within a group as well, but it is one thing that could indicate a re-finish. I would be surprised if the restorer was able to hit all of the subtleties than John indicated but missed something as obvious as the muzzle crown, but it could certainly happen. From what I have seen so far, I am encouraged but not convinced. I will try to arrange a personal inspection by John.

Your concerns are noted and I will try to follow up with additional research. Anyone on the Forum want to comment on the muzzle crown and if it is blued or not? Especially on 1937 dated Krieghoffâ??s.

Bob M.
maddog350gt is offline   Reply With Quote