View Single Post
Unread 12-20-2004, 08:01 PM   #5
maddog350gt
User

Pete,

Unfortunately the guy wasn't telling me the truth about the holster it's not a Luftwaffe marked holster just a 1937 army marked. The holster looks like it was one of the Finish or Norwegian holsters that were converted to the US style hanger. It been repaired and the holes plugged the original belt loops are still there but it's not as valuable as I first thought. If I get a chance I'll post some pictures of the holster to night.

The good news is I didn't give him $2500 for the rig. I give him my 1916 (I had $500 cash in that) and $1400 cash. I got the gun, the holster, two correct era Mouser magazines and an original imperial marked tool for my $1900. As I said, if it is a refinish I am probably in it what it's worth. The gun really looks good, and is done extremely well. If it's a refinish I wouldn't think there are more than one or two people in the country that could do the quality of work on it without leaving some evidence it had been reworked. That alone means its worth what I paid for it to me.

Bob M.
maddog350gt is offline   Reply With Quote