View Single Post
Unread 07-06-2002, 12:02 AM   #18
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

[quote]Originally posted by Imperial Arms:
<strong>....I hope this information is useful to you. I must not forget to mention the fine quality of your 1940 Krieghoff.

Cheers,
Albert</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hi Albert,

Thank you so very much for sharing the information - and yes, it is very helpful!! By comparison, all I am using is a white board from the back of a kitchen cabinet (don't tell Jen!!! [img]smile.gif[/img] ), and placing the Luger "off" the background (in the side frame inscribed photo, with a holster - & in the 1942 shot, with the leather .22 conversion case - below is the best shot I have taken so far using this technique (my "36" with its HK-LWaA 2 proofed shoulder holster)).

In the 1940 photo, I stood it off the background with two clear DAT cassette cases by about 2" or so - without a flash, so it's a lot darker then I'd like.

I have to shoot these in our sunroom during daylight with indirect sunlight from the skylights and the windows. Honestly - I like the idea of the umbrella lights to minimize any shadows and to give it some "fill" (without a flash - I don't get any shadows so I don't have to use Photoshop, but pay the price on very "contrasty" images) so I'll have to try the idea with some fill lights, as I'll bet that might work!

Albert - thanks so much for your comments and help!! I have some additional Kriegs to take pics of, and after I get this right - I'll post some here. I really appreciate the detail of your opening picture - and tried to get similar with my "S" Series Kriegs and a few others with brown plastic grips - but the grips continue to come out poorly in those pictures (they look almost black, unfortunately)...

Thanks again for the tips!!!!

John D. is offline   Reply With Quote