View Single Post
Unread 03-28-2022, 10:18 AM   #9
DonVoigt
User

Thanked 4,347 Times in 2,038 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubs View Post
I sent a message to the seller explaining that it was a parts FrankenLuger and why. Any bets that he'll correct his description?
Well, this is part of the original description from the auction:

"Several of the serials look renumbered and unknown if done during a rebuild or by someone post German use. Bore is bright with strong rifling, markings and proofmarks are a little light. Metal finish is a full reblue. Checkered walnut grips have a tight fit with some handling wear, no numbers on the inside of each. "

I'm not sure what else needed to be said.

And just FYI,
even though most of the L P08 adjustable/fine tune sights were used up in 1917 as you state; a few genuine 1918 L P08s are known with:
- front fine tune sight- 4 reported, several more serial numbers observed by me
-rear fine tune sight- 1 reported, two more serial numbers observed by me
- none reported with both fine tune sights

Reported observations are in Jan Still's Central Powers Pistols book, Table 21 page 103.

I personally own three 1918 L P08s, one with fine tune front, and two with the most common configuration of no fine turn sights.

I am "desperately seeking" one of the elusive variants with the fine tune rear sight, or both! Of course they must be matching and un-modified to qualify.

I also "need" a "double date" DWM 1914 L P08, original 1914 with 1920 property stamp.

Should anyone have the elusive 1918 with fine tune rear, or a 1914/1920 please let me know!
The following 9 members says Thank You to DonVoigt for your post: