View Single Post
Unread 01-09-2021, 04:39 PM   #9
whitehat
User

Hi Nice to see you got the ideal stock that matches my early luger # 5673...with the ordinance bombs..with Ideal grips...also numbered 5673 to the same gun....with Property of US Springfield. But I am missing the actual stock.

Its interesting that the serial associate are all in the 5600 range! So its guns used before the KNOWN US test range 6200-7200.
I believe these early guns were still on hand when they tried out the ideal stock...at a later date (not 1901 era)

It would help to document the gun I have and hope I can see some photos.
Clearly, Springfield had bought some ideal stock and placed them with the gun...but they were separated.
I knew it would be found someday....my gun also appeared ina NRA magazine a few years ago.
I hope we can contact each other and discuss...I still need in the process to document the gun in its historical context.
Since your number is close but not the same...it adds an extra proof that it was not faked since a faker would want to have the same number..and keep the parts together.
the fact that it was all separated long ago proves to me its authentic.
Of course, the markings must show the correct age and halos around the stampings.
This is very exciting news. I also have to thank Ron Wood for contacting me...what a great friend and gentleman. But we all know that! he is the best!
Please contact me at tallsound@yahoo.com
Thanks
Mark
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1900-2.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	81653  

Click image for larger version

Name:	1900.jpg
Views:	113