View Single Post
Unread 05-31-2001, 10:50 AM   #23
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Default Hi Marvin...!

(PSSSSTTT - don't tell DOK I'm really replying to your post about the books - I think we can sneak this one by him..!!!

I read slowly anyway, and for subjects that interest me, I usually jot down facts/notes I think I'll need in a notebook. Learning about Kriegs helped me understand the value of doing that. Also, again for Kriegs - as folks contact me about theirs, I'll make notes as to variations they have (which are documented) and specific markings. I also share with them privately, if they are a collector, what I have. In this way there is a "trail" to keep track of these pieces in the future and document their authenticity.

When I understand more about P 38s, I suspect I'll do the same thing. I can't wait to see these books that Tom will be sending - they ought to arrive about the time I'm done studying the book Ted sent me..!!)

WARNING - Luger content follows!!!!

For WW2 production black grips - does anyone know if they used some kind of fiberous material as part of the "filler"? It looks to be a "white-ish" type of filler embedded in the grap material itself??