View Single Post
Unread 09-17-2008, 04:03 PM   #1
Ron Smith
User

Default K-31 Schmidt-Rubin

I have been thinking about one of these for awhile. I've studied them somewhat and found that they are supposed to be very accurate, and very well made, as in, like a Luger.

"tac" sent me a photo of him holding his K-31, so I bought one on GB today. Figured that I should get one before they, like everything else, get too expensive. I found an amusing anecdote pertaining to the Schmidt-Rubin quality and accuracy, and thought that I would post it.

There is an apocryphal story of a visit paid to Switzerland by Kaiser Wilhelm II in the early part of the twentieth century. Upon his arrival, he was met by an honor guard of Swiss troops at the railway station in Zurich. Among the impeccably uniformed troops that comprised the honor guard was a crusty old sergeant-major. As he reviewed the troops, the Kaiser paused in front of the sergeant major.

"Is it not a wonder, sergeant-major, that the might of the German Empire is such that the numbers of our standing army are double that of your army, even with all your reserves activated?"

The sergeant-major immediately responded: "Jawohl, your majesty, it is such a wonder!"

The Kaiser prodded the sergeant-major a bit further.

"So what do you think should happen if we were to invade your country, with an army twice the size of yours?"

The sergeant major thought about this for a little bit, and responded.

"Then, your majesty, we should all have to fire our rifles twice!"
I Still Need DWM side plate #49... if anyone runs across a nice one.

What ~Rudyard Kipling~ said...
Ron Smith is offline   Reply With Quote