View Single Post
Unread 07-23-2022, 12:00 AM   #1
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,581 Times in 989 Posts
Default Todays experiences!

Just when you think you have a pretty good grip on things, something you've never seen before jumps up! So it was today.. I had the opportunity to troubleshoot a mint, as new, Mauser 06/29 Parabellum, and the description of the problem didn't reall make any sense to me? the owner said the Luger would stick in the holdopen position if more that 4 rounds were loaded, or something to the effect. I must admit, I really kind of tossed out the description, and decided to make my own evaluation. So, I loaded up the magazine with eight dummy rounds and they all went thru slicker then hammered owl S@@it! So I said, must be fixed, although at this point i had done nothing to correct any type of issue? So, believing the customer, I tried it again, and low and behold, (sounds pretty authoritive!) it got to round number four and the thing seazed up like a stainless cross thread! : Upon a closer inspection, I could see the round was actually stuck, solidly, in the feed lips on the magazine! Tried the cycle again with my shooter Mec-Gar test mag several times, and all worked perfectly... OK, that means only, I know more know than I did at 11:00 am this morning! Best to all, til.....lat'r.....GT
G.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 9 members says Thank You to G.T. for your post: