View Single Post
Unread 07-26-2004, 11:55 PM   #18
thunderdawg
User

DG,
I concur with the notion that even 20th century Germans may not have always marked according to plan. Guess that just adds to the "fun" of unraveling these little mysteries. Oh, and after sending my previous post, I found the Tech Info items on markings and agree that the one mag base marking looks like one of the examples of Simson acceptance stamps.

ken d,
Is the Sunburst/S what I described in an earlier post, i.e., is what I thought a "6" actually an "s"?

The Tech Info also makes me wonder if the letter in my Luger's serial number is actually "l" rather than "b".

policeluger, I can usually get to Barstow in under two hours, Victorville about 30 minutes less. (OK, on a good day, or on a motorcycle, in a cage, it can take longer). In which high desert area do you live? Maybe we could meet somewhere in the middle. Meanwhile, I still plan to post the pix, if they turn out ok.

In closing, I have owned the Luger for about 18 months, but only recently found this site and one other. I have learned quite a bit in just a few days of help from you all. Thanks.