View Single Post
Unread 07-05-2002, 10:33 PM   #17
Imperial Arms
Banned

John,

Your photography is very good as well and I congratulate you without getting any shadows in the images (unless you use PhotoShop to remove them which I do in some cases).

Your images were a fraction on the dark side for the 1940 Krieghoff Luger, and you have to increase the exposure of your digital camera when photographing a pistol with a deep blue finish such as with the Krieghoff finish.

For my lighting, I use two Lowell 500W halogen lamps with umbrellas to disfuse/soften the light and to minimize shadows. I use a Nikon camera with a Nikkor 60 mm Macro lens on a copy stand and I use Kodak negative film balanced for 3200K lamps for the purpose of making prints and for low cost CD transfer to CD-ROM which in my opinion is better than a digital camera. I have also discovered that a red background also gives an excellent color balance for negative film or a digital camera. I use PhotoShop 6.0 for color correction and sharpening.

I hope this information is useful to you. I must not forget to mention the fine quality of your 1940 Krieghoff.

Cheers,
Albert
Imperial Arms is offline   Reply With Quote