View Single Post
Unread 09-23-2017, 09:46 PM   #11
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,581 Times in 989 Posts
Default barrel ramp.....

Hi guys, actually, I am in agreement with both of the notes by Don and Rick... I think that from a one time practical sense, just about any ramp will do, and it is amazing how close one can come by eye to the correct final angle?... But, I would not be telling the truth if I didn't say that it bothers me more than just a little to see the ramp extend deeper and deeper into the chamber proper as we break edges, throat chamber mouths, and so forth?... On the first range shot, I always inspect the brass for ANY signs of pressure or deformation as a result of possible incorrect chamber dimensions, or relief cuts?... So far so good!
But, I always look down from the top of the barrel to INSURE that the feed ramp does NOT exceed the depth of the extractor cut, actually, I like to see it some what shy of the extractor relief cut... although I also agree, the brass is pretty tolerant of this unsupported area in question?... Thanks to you both for your input, great stuff this Luger puzzle... Best to all, til...lat'r....GT...
G.T. is offline   Reply With Quote