View Single Post
Unread 09-23-2017, 11:02 AM   #10
Rick W.
User

I have a friend in New Zealand that has told me some about how it is with importing etc, we all hope for better times to come.

OTS sights for the Luger here are pretty scarce here too. I reckon the Marbles #27 was about the last. I see that G.T. is going thru great lengths to help out in the front sight arena for us. Obiviously the old Mauser front is around yet some, but takes a little moding for elevation etc. If you can cut your own dovetailing or make such a ramp, that will open up some other options.

Improved rear sights on the toggle as you know take a beating. Adjustable sights here are mainly(for the very few that do them) modifications of existing sights available. FWIW, I have found over the years that if I got rid of the elevation characteristic of the rear adjustable sight, that durability went up. A lot of homebrew fixed sights attached in various ways, or specialized milling or made up sub-bases for something like the S&W rear or the old Bomar sights appear here from time to time.

Finding a scope mount for the Luger.......well, guess not too many around, I have never seen one that was not out of someone's shop as a one of, type of thing. I was really pleasantly surprised with the ability of the scope on the Luger, but I also realize tis not for everyone. Really shows the real capabilities of a slender tapered 14" barrel in 30 cal. I showed my rendition once here, but will never again.

The beauty of the Luger barrel is that it is not too complex to replicate, probably the most effort is in the integral front sight base if so desired. Slabbed barrels should be fairly easy on the lathe/mill, and keep the barrel in alignment some during recoil.

No hassle intended on my part, my best to you on your project.

Rick W.
Rick W. is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to Rick W. for your post: