View Single Post
Unread 04-12-2009, 08:03 PM   #10
Vlim
Lifetime
LugerForum Patron

Thanked 3,809 Times in 1,171 Posts

Ehm, Sig was responsible for the production of some Swiss Parabellum parts, including the frame.

Mauser did not get production tooling, but a number of jigs, design drawings and quality control tools and some sample guns. They basically had to reinvent the wheel. I know who bought one set of QQ guages, I was there when they were rediscovered

About the change to 9mm: If the 7,65 was so good (which it was, actually), then why did the Swiss experiment with 9mm rounds in the 1940s and why did they opt for a 9mm follow-up of the Parabellum in 1949? Since SIG was an important Parabellum subcontractor, it's interesting to say the least that they were involved in the P210 as well... Which interestingly enough wasn't a SIG design either.

Still have lots of data to analyze and there are lots of questions waiting to be answered. It came as quite a surprise that the research that went into Mauser's redevelopment of the Parabellum also uncovered some interesting Swiss info as well. I guess the next logical step is to start some experimenting with 06/29 pistols...

Any idea where the W+F archives went after they closed down?
Vlim is offline   Reply With Quote