View Single Post
Unread 08-26-2002, 01:47 AM   #11
Big Norm
RIP

Ed,
I just finished emailing to you the email that I received from the seller. It takes a lo-o-o-ong time to mail and to down load. When I tried RENNLIST these pictures, I did not get a picture back so I guess that the pictures were too large. I hope that you can do something to post them on the forum. They should make for an interesting discussion.

The positives are that the 1906 looks pitted but original. And the 1917 could be a pretty gun. The negative is on the 1917. The serial numbers on the front of the frame are too large unless this is a Weimar rework. But then the '4' in the serial number has a closed top on it. The German style is for an open '4'. I would love to see these guns in person and examine them more closely. I would like to take a close look at the rear sights. Another negative is that the seller did not mention anything about a return policy. Something that I asked for.
Personally, I am passing on the 1906 but the jury is still out on the 1917. Could be a matter of price. But a lack of information about the return policy bothers me. At least we know which of the two 1917's that he has he is selling.
Big Norm
Big Norm is offline   Reply With Quote