View Single Post
Unread 04-27-2009, 11:37 PM   #3
Don M
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

At long last, printing of History Writ in Steel is complete! I have just received advance copies of the standard and deluxe editions of the book and the rest should be shipped to Simpson Ltd. and Kurt Bouras very soon. I am pleased with the job done by Brad Simpson and Thai Watana Panich Press in Bangkok. The text, maps and illustrations are faithfully reproduced in full color on heavy glossy paper. I am no expert in bookbinding but the books seem very sturdily constructed and should serve as durable references for many years to come.

HWIS is designed for readers with varying levels of interest. Those who want only to identify a particular mark need go no further than the eight-page table in the Introduction alphabetically listing over 300 police markings (see example page below). For those interested in more information about a mark and the police unit that used it, this table references the chapter(s) in which this information may be found. The book contains virtually all of the data from my database of over 2,300 recorded markings which can be used to launch further research into many fascinating questions remaining about these marks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Contents small.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	127.1 KB
ID:	6083  

Name:	IMG_5152.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	6084