Thread: PX HK...?
View Single Post
Unread 08-09-2004, 06:24 PM   #12
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Well, just to bring closure to this thread (I'll start a new on later)....

This Krieg is now on it's way back here. Before I go into detail on this piece in the next thread later this week (if I have the chance) - I will tell you that the seller "Jim El Cajon" is excellent. All my questions were answered, and I'm cautiously optimistic this will turn out as an authentic Post War GI Parts Krieg for a few reasons.

Also - as a side note.....

Based on some research I've done (I know Gibson stated the 11th Armoured Division took Suhl) - but a "Division" is pretty damned "big". So, over the years in researching which Battalions and specific Combat Commands entered Suhl (and what resistance was like, who was first in, which Battalions stayed on - and which Battalions were forwarded to Meiningen, Sonneberg and Hildburghausen with CC A & CC B - and which went with CC R as they moved into Zella-Mehlis, etc.). That's important when trying to verify bring back papers and/or engravings, as in this case....

To that point, before making a deal on the HK - I believe I found the enlistment records of the correct "Hargus R. Tyler". I'm waiting for the National Archives to process my request (I should have those tomorrow) - but, at first pass - I believe I found him... His serial number was: 34 804 761.

Best to all,

John
John D. is offline   Reply With Quote