View Single Post
Unread 06-14-2003, 05:22 AM   #5
Big Norm
RIP

Pete,
just looked at #491. It bugs me to see an artillery Luger to be called a 1914 DWM only to find out that they mean model-1914 and that its really a 1917 artillery. But the holster looks like it could be a pretty good original. I would sure like to take a closer look at it. An original artillery holster with all its attaching leather is a hard find. I would like to look at the stock to see if its original. The closer that rig is to the low price of $2000 the better the deal would look just to get the holster and the attaching leather. Again, I would sure like to get a closer look and maybe even $3000 might be good. But then there is that 12% hammer to think about.

I recently bought a type 1 Trommel snail drum off of the guy who bought the spurious rig that you mentioned. He confirmed that the stock was a counterfeit and that the gun was not as good as the pictures indicated. He kept it and sold the stock to a friend of his who knew that it was a fake. I can't recall what he said about the holster.
Big Norm
Big Norm is offline   Reply With Quote