View Single Post
Unread 07-26-2023, 08:07 PM   #2
reiver
User

I did that last week. Not difficult if you are a tad handy.
I put a Navy on a stock V.
1. get a very good 'feel' for the original linkage with the assembly in hand, how loose or how tight...it should be a tad loose and very easy to manipulate by hand.
2. with a very small punch drive out the very small retaining pin you can see on top of the toggle...not completely just so that it clears the large round pin that joins the assembly. Drive that upward and let it set in place.
Supporting teh toggle drive that large connecting pin out in teh direction of the small retaining pin.
3. Now the fun part. Put the new rear in place and with a wooden dowel (I used a thin paint brush handle) move the toggle assembly thru its complete movement and note where it 'binds'.. gently file away resistance. Re test etc.
Do not take any metal off of the link connection that the wood dowel goes thru...relieve what you find on the new rear toggle.
It takes a bit of here/there but I think the whole process took about an hour as I'd never done it before.
4. Replace the original large connecting pin and try it in the barrel extension, do not drive the retaining pin in place, check the feel on cocking etc.....if you feel binding, start again after noting the location.
Mine operates perfectly btw.

If that sounds complex then contact GT here and he'll do a fine job for you.
reiver is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to reiver for your post: