View Single Post
Unread 08-06-2012, 10:37 AM   #8
1964bigfoot
User

So I watched the AGI Luger DVD and it was excellent, he explained how the trigger worked and had a nice cut away Luger to demonstrate it.

I totally stripped and cleaned everything, that main spring was fun to get back in.

Here is what I found.

1) The end of the Trigger bar spring is broken off, there is enough spring left to hold the trigger bar but I think this is my main culprit.

2) The trigger spring itself looks like it has been cut, I don't have an original to compare with but I will get another one anyway.

3) When I released the firing pin guide and took out the firing pin and spring, out came two springs. Looks like the original spring and then someone else has put in a small about 3/8" heaver spring to help supplement the spring action of the firing pin I can only guess.

The trigger leaver moves freely with some play and pushes the trigger bar as it should so I am assuming that since the end of the trigger bar spring is broken it is not positively holding the trigger bar correctly in the right relationship to let the trigger bar plunger (disconnector) do it's thing.

Numrich has all these parts, anyone suggest another supplier that they have been happy with?

Last edited by 1964bigfoot; 08-21-2012 at 11:28 PM.
1964bigfoot is offline   Reply With Quote