View Single Post
Unread 08-24-2020, 02:55 PM   #11
carl1000
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonVoigt View Post
The seller is enough to create suspicion for me, I'd avoid any luger with a description that is based on the sellers extensive personal knowledge, as he usually describes his items.

Only luger I ever sent back was from Mr. Luger, but he did accept return and give me a refund.
Thanks for all the help. I have been studying a lot about Lugers the past couple months. But in my location, there none to handle in person. I have good experience in the "new" firearms, but older ones like these, I don't have much experience.

I have read a lot and watched many videos. I'm interested in the 1940 to 42 BYF models. I feel like my first purchase will be through one of the larger dealers with a good return policy. I just want to get an opinion if there is a glaring issue I missing. It seems the hardest thing could be to tell if one has been refinished. Could be easy to tell, could be hard to tell. I have been reading as much as I can about those "tells" as well. It's a lot to keep straight for sure. From serial numbers, magazine types, markings and suffixes, bore condition etc..
carl1000 is offline   Reply With Quote