View Single Post
Unread 08-24-2020, 07:17 PM   #1
LightWeaponsGuy
User

Default Issues with reassembly

Hello all,

I recently came into the possession of two 1914 DWM produced Lugers and require some input regarding reassembly. One Luger is a standard size while the other is an Artillery Luger. Both were stored in less than ideal conditions which prompted me to field strip and clean them. (Thankfully no major rust or no damage!)

However, I've run into issues during reassembly. On the standard Luger I've noticed that the slide is loose and slides back and forth after I reattach the receiver to the frame and lock the toggle (It does this when the locking bolt and takedown plate are in place, as well as not in place.) I've ensured the coupling link and recoil spring level are properly seated together.

For the Artillery Luger I've notice the same thing but also that when I attempt to lock the toggle back after reattaching the receiver to the frame, it gets hung up/stuck and will not go back to allow me to engage the locking bolt.

I've tried following several YouTube videos and the official manual with no luck. An inspection of both shows no missing or damaged parts so I'm at a bit of a loss... Any help is appreciated!

(I'll see about getting some pictures as well.)

Last edited by LightWeaponsGuy; 08-24-2020 at 07:17 PM. Reason: note about photos
LightWeaponsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote