View Single Post
Unread 09-13-2022, 10:33 PM   #7
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,579 Times in 988 Posts
Default SARCO artillery sight followup!

Hi to all! Well the SARCO artillery rear sight, despite all my efforts to revive it, turned out to be a bad investment! Here's what happend once it hit the range! To my understanding, the rear sight ladder lasted about 7 or 8 mags full, and then it started jumping teeth and "flopping" around. I told Rick to return the top half thinking, no problem, I'll put in a better indexing spring and we'll be off to fun land again, no sweat! But, when I got it in hand, I see where the teeth on the ladder were starting to round off and it turns out the notched part of the sight is soft, or too soft to live on a Luger barrel? So, I have a 1920 commercial artillery shooter that had a Lugerman artillery rear sight, and I put that one on Ricks barreled receiver and I will range test it tomorrow to see if we are clear of that issue going forward. Althought I'm beginning to believe that nothing can replace the originals, I know that Lugermans rear sight is one hell of a lot closer to the original than is Sarco's? Anyway, got to take on the dragon once and awhile, and see if we can knock a few scales loose.... best to all, til....lat'r....GT...
G.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 5 members says Thank You to G.T. for your post: