View Single Post
Unread 07-26-2005, 11:10 PM   #2
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Sideplate â?? inside view. There are several things to note on this piece â?? including the placement of the two LWaA Inspection marks (1mm) and the military serialization. During the â??Sâ? series Krieghoffâ??s, the placement of the Military serialization changed from external to internal. This change is one of the factors that designate an Early S to a Mid-S Series. This piece was, of course â?? post â??Sâ?, and therefore shows the later style:

Barrel markings. On HKs, these marks in both orientation and order MAY change. These are correct for this period of manufacture - except to note that Gibson states that the majority of barrels will carry the serial number. While many do - based on my research in this range, I'm not certain I endorse that characterization of barrel serialization in this range of HKs. The following photo depicts the â??gaugeâ? (as 8,81) and the LWaA 2 acceptance. As production proceeded through HK in later years, the orientation and the proofs/serial numbers would change or be omitted.

TriggerThe correct last two digits on the Trigger (location under the sideplate).

Typical colorization of the fire-blued right side of the magazine release.

Front Sight detail

GESCHIERT On this Krieghoff, the stamp for â??GESCHIERTâ? is not as worn as later dates, which gives the Krieghoff collector a clue as to when the frame was manufactured and marked. Noted as a Die Type â??Bâ? as recorded by Gibson. As well, in this picture - you can pick up the tell-tale of the flame hardening of the frame ramps.

(continued in the next postâ?¦)
John D. is offline   Reply With Quote