View Single Post
Unread 02-07-2006, 10:04 PM   #1
Fritzer
User

Default S Code in local shop

Hello all,

I was showcase shopping in a local gun shop and handled my first luger with an anchor on it. I know nothing about these, I'll try to describe what I thought to examine here.

S on chamber, serial 3873, 9 mm

Blue mostly gone, some light pitting on the barrel and right side of the reciever. No noticeable strawing, if there was supposed to be any.

Again, a complete novice on these, thumbed thru Walters book when I got home - but from what I recall...
Bakelite (like) grips with border.
no digits on:
sideplate , visable on toggle, take down lever, or exposed area of safety bar.
wide trigger.
Three stampings on right of reciever, one smaller size stamping just below those three on the raised rail.
Geladed marked extractor, gesichert under safety.

Two mags with folded silver tubes (nickel?), aluminum base. One numbered the same as the pistol, but in a smaller font than the other - unmatching mag. Acceptance stamp on the bottom of both mags, no other marks that I could see.

1937 dated holster, black, fair to good condition.

Tool with inspection mark, can't recall specifics.

Priced for the whole thing $1199.
(I once saw an under priced ww1 commercial at this same shop, it didn't stay there long)

So, I guess I'm learning - and asking if it's worth a second look at something that I completely missed? I wasn't really looking for one, it is not museum condition, probably spent the last 50 years in the holster in a drawer somewhere?

What do you folks think about this one?

Thanks for your comments,
Fritz.
Fritzer is offline   Reply With Quote