View Single Post
Unread 04-03-2008, 08:18 PM   #10
JoeP.08
User

I've been following the posts on both forums on this "museum" piece with a lot of interest. It's interesting to read what members/users (with different collecting knowledge/experience) have to write about the validity of this rig. IMHO I think it's a good thing to question the validity of every Luger (or any firearm for that matter) that's presented for sale. Let's face it, with today's technology (Internet) there are more unscrupulous characters out there eager to "pull the wool" over the ignorant buyer's eyes to reap the financial windfall of an appreciating commodity and the Internet makes it easier. In our exhuberant quest to expose these "snake oil" salespeople we can not lose sight that there are still good/correct items out there. No firearm is ever perfect. That being said...

I believe there are more things right than questionable on this rig. For those looking for LP.08 rig, I think this one is worth getting a physical inspection period. To the buyer, once you receive it for inspection, have a knowledgable collector or two look it over. It's always good to have "fresh/unbias" eyes/noses to inspect.

Good Collecting!

Joe Pirolo