View Single Post
Unread 03-04-2014, 03:36 AM   #3
Sieger
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasta2 View Post
Today I was surprised to find some .30 Luger at the Webster flea market in Fl. What I found was a full box of
Remington 93 grain, and 25 rounds in a bag. Dealer said they were military(in the bag). I am not to familiar with ammo case markings. The base reads W.R.A. CO. 7.65 Luger, it is a Lead hollow point. Who is the manufacture and was it military issue? I can't think it could be military. Gave $30 for the 75 rounds. Guess I got a fair deal. Now to find a affordable .30 Luger!
Hi,

I really doubt that lead bullets or hollow point bullets were loaded for military useage, as they have been outlawed for military useage for over 100 years.

WRA, of course, is Winchester Repeating Arms, so we know who made the casings, anyway. A hollow point lead bullet, now that's interesting, indeed. I'd really like to see one of those, as nobody is currently manufacturing those, to my knowledge, in .30 Luger.

Someone may have more knowledge here, but I don't remember seeing any original Winchester vintage ammo loaded with lead bullets, let alone hollow point ones.

I hope this helps!

Sieger

Last edited by Sieger; 03-04-2014 at 05:59 PM.
Sieger is offline   Reply With Quote