Thread: Ejector Woes
View Single Post
Unread 02-04-2023, 02:00 AM   #8
grantman
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
I replaced a broken ejector about a year ago with an aftermarket ejector from Tom Heller. On my last trip to the range, after perhaps 300 rounds, it failed (bent and cracked - see photo). It appears to be a casting. I use the mildest loads that will cycle the action with 115 grain bullets, so I don't think that I overstressed the ejector with a hot load, and I attribute the failure to the inferior quality of the aftermarket product. Given the scarcity of original ejectors, I would prefer to install another aftermarket ejector. In addition to Tom, sources that I am familiar with include Numrich Gun Parts and Jack First Gun Parts. I would be interested to know about experiences that others have had with aftermarket ejectors. Any recommendations?

KFS
Karl: Definitely looks like a casting, but I suspect that the problem is in the heat-treatment of the part. its a Quality assurance issue, but its possible that this failure is very rare. Heat treat problems often happen in batches of parts. Its possible that this maker gets it right most of the time.l
grantman is offline   Reply With Quote