View Single Post
Unread 08-26-2015, 07:11 PM   #23
sheepherder
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,438 Times in 2,327 Posts

Getting ready to finish up these two 'artillery' barrel conversions.

First will be the Lahti. Still needs a feed ramp, extractor notch, and accelerator cut. And dust cover installed.

(34) Cutting feed ramp with barrel installed. Need to match the partial ramp angle in the barrel extension.

(35) Barrel removed; milling extractor notch. Doing it a bit differently than usual.

(36) Milling accelerator notch. I did two long Lahti barrels some 25+ years ago; can't recall how I did it.

(37) Dust cover installed between barrel & extension, barrel torqued into extension for final time. Tools in pic are -

-- Barrel vise
-- Barrel reinforcing rod
-- Receiver [barrel extension] wrench
-- Receiver reinforcing block
-- Spirit levels
-- Wrenches/sockets

The refinished barrels/receivers are on the way back and pics will follow...In the meantime...

When my Lahti M-40 bolt was disassembled for refinishing it was found that the firing pin spring [14] was broken into two pieces.

It still functioned (I shot it dozens of times) but it is still something that I think should be removed & examined.

The firing pin and spring are both held in place by a pin [13] which needs to be driven out to clean & inspect the firing pin/spring.

Pic attached.
Attached Images

Last edited by sheepherder; 09-23-2015 at 11:53 AM.
sheepherder is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 5 members says Thank You to sheepherder for your post: