View Single Post
Unread 06-06-2022, 10:01 AM   #23
Vlim
Lifetime
LugerForum Patron

Thanked 3,873 Times in 1,184 Posts

My family has lived near the border for a very long time. Many generations.
I recently discovered that my great grandfather and my great uncle were caught smuggling goods in 1917, during WW1. They spent a well-earned month in the brig as a result. But the entire local community earned a pretty penny for decades, peddling goods from one country to the other and back again. Not much that local law enforcement could prevent.

Moral of the story, borders and different laws across them will always attract entrepreneurs. Besides, criminals don't uphold the law to begin with. So what Trudeau and his communist gang of idiots have achieved is making things worse, not better.

Banning handguns in a country that shares a very, very long border with the USA is just plain madness. Just look how successful the USA is in keeping drugs and illegal immigrants out of the country.

If you are worried about hand gun deaths: Fentanlyl deaths have risen to about 67,000 in the last year. More than 3x the number of (criminal) hand gun fatalities. Automotive deaths: 2x the amount of hand gun deaths.

So getting in your car on opium meds is more dangerous than playing with a loaded gun. Just saying
Vlim is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 8 members says Thank You to Vlim for your post: