Unread 09-24-2014, 04:27 PM   #55
ithacaartist
Twice a Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,478 Times in 1,320 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepherder View Post
I'm not going to try modifying any Erma parts. The complete 'kit' is too valuable.

Did Erma make a specific 'kit' for the 70's Mauser Lugers???
Rich, what would you charge to reproduce the rearmost piece for this kit--the one with the sight notch, buffer bolt & spring, thru which the replacement rear toggle axle goes? There's a kit on GB I'm interested in, and it is missing that part, no mag for it, but a MecGar included.

My take on what these best fit is that the examples available to Erma at that time were the 70s' Mauser production. If likely used as a basis for dimensions of a kit, then those would be the best guns for fit.

I could send you up one of my mags for the SE 08 kit to try out. As I said, one of the ears shows up in the right place to act as their ejector. You could remove the original ejector and use the mag for this earlier system in your setup. If this solves the ejection problem, it sounds like you'd be all set for shooting, if everything else continues to behave properly. Sarco has new springs for the SE 08/2, and some other misc. parts.