View Single Post
Unread 12-27-2008, 10:20 PM   #1
Substandard
User

Default New Guy needs help with a Krieg

Another new guy needing help. The shop where I work recently got a Luger in on trade and we need some expert opinions.

Here is a link to some hi-res photos which describe the pistol better than I can with words.

http://s516.photobucket.com/albums/u321/definc/

It is a .30 caliber Luger. The pistol frame has a P 33 on the front and Nazi(?) proof mark on the front left and another proof mark on the front right. Inside the frame there is a number 623. The trigger is marked 53.

The barrel/slide assembly has Nazi proof and 33 stamped left front side and another on the bottom of the barrel. No other marking other than the safety.

The toggle has the Krieg mark and lifting the extractor up I can see something stamped on the extractor side. G E I maybe? That is all of the marks and numbers that I found during a quick field strip of the pistol.

Magazines do not match to the pistol. Grips are a black plastic (bake lite?) with no chips or damage. The pistol is 98% and appears to be the original finish.

The holster has a "cross" stamped into the leather (you can see it in the pics) that the owner told us was a maker's mark. There is also a person's name written in the flap.

The history of the piece is that it came back with a GI who kept it until he passed. The gun then went to the GI's son who sold it for money. The guy that bought it then sold it to us.

We paid $3,000 for the pistol. Any comments or suggestions? I appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks
Substandard is offline   Reply With Quote