View Single Post
Unread 11-01-2001, 10:19 AM   #8
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Default WHITE WIDOW ... a new marketing term coined by G.T.

How every bit as appropriate as the term "Black Widow" Good Job G.T.! That's what we should call them from now on... You heard it here on the Lugerforum first folks!

I like the way it looks too. Since a very young man who remembers what Bill is talking about, I have always wished I could afford a set of perfect Ivory grips to fit a finely refinished shooting Luger.

While I wouldn't do this a "virgin" collectable, but I would venture to say that Deaf's Luger shoots at least as well as any of it's peers. And probably has a corrosion free barrel to boot!

Someday, these will also be considered historical pieces by our heirs because there are only so many Lugers to go around!

While they may not bring as much as an un-refinished luger, they still have their place- because they "served" history in no less manner than did their less shiney cousins. The fact that they were "prettied up" by the Vet's of the greatest generation who brought them home only shows how highly they esteemed these special Lugers.

-John Sabato