Thread: Collectables
View Single Post
Unread 04-05-2001, 01:46 AM   #25
MK

Default Re: Collectables

Thank you all for your responses. Thinking more about it I no doubt neglected to realize that the $1000 Lugers of 20 years ago are probably those $3500 Lugers I see today. Today's $1000 Lugers are probably the $450 Lugers from 20 years ago.

I've been a accumulator of firearms since I was 16.

During those 31 years I have bought and sold hundreds of firearms.

Lugers were always somethng that fascinated me but I never really knew enough about them to be able to determine any particular pistol's value. I have bought two Lugers over the last ten years but no longer have either one of those first purchases. I bought both of the pistols from a fine older gentleman that obtained his pistols from the source.

One was a 1936 S42 and the other a byf41. Recently I've decided that it is time to scratch the Luger itch and to learn more about them and perhaps buy a few more.

This website has certainly been a tremendous source of information concerning Lugers and I now know a whole lot more about these pistols than before.

I must say I assumed incorrectly from viewing the user profiles and came up with my low member numbers for this forum.

I didn't mean to insult you guys.

Thanks,

Mike