View Single Post
Unread 04-18-2009, 06:34 AM   #44
Rich Moran
New User

FYI: CorrosionX is produced by a gentleman known as Mr. VanGilder. He also invented Corrosion Block.

They are both very similar in their make up. Part of the component in the blend is mineral spirits if memory serves me correct.

Because of this, breakdown will occur sooner than a purer refined prodcut that contains no mineral spirits. Mineral spirits can gum on breakdown.

CLP is another that does similar as examples shown to me by military armourers have shown seperation in tropical climate.

WD-40? It is a good inexpensive degreaser and only lasts for a few days at best for any benifit of lube or corrosion prevention.

I have had great success with CarWellCP-90/RustCOP/T-32. With this name they wanted everyone to remember them by having the longest name it seems, but seriously, the name can be any one of the nomeclature these folks put on their labels.

B4 I go further, I sell the stuff, and have used everything out there under the sun and as well. We have sold this stuff in 55 gallon drums to the US Army and anyone else who wants it.

It's on Strykers, HMMV's, at one time 105's and 155's, can't get past the arms manufacturer......since they thought they owned CLP.

Guess what guys, we have that 2 now, under the CORTEC VpCI (Vapor pahse Corrosion Inhibitor designed by the US Navy sometime around 44-45).

BTW, USMC equipment is treated with the product as well.

We have supported the local shooting community in Hawaii for over a decade with excellent results.

Won't post more here at this point as I don't want to be over obtrusive.

If anyone feel like they need some help with corrosion related issues, rust removal without bluing damage and long term storage or recently shoot and requires immediate preservation without cleaning please PM me.

Mod, if there is issue with my thread as it is commercial in nature, please remove it as I understand complications.

In closing, I have only posted once to this forum about an S/42 I had the pleasure of being in company with. It was some time ago so I am not certain if that is around yet or in cyber space.

I've just saw in my sign off that the post has been lost to time. Will look for images and repost for everyones enjoyment.