Unread 12-19-2011, 07:07 AM   #7
lew1
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Tinker View Post
oh, that is a shame Charlie.

Well hopefully i get a table at the gunshow, requested two earlier in the week, so we'll see. Plan on arriving on Thursday morning or so for the show of shows, if I can get in and maybe hang out with a friend

Ed
You should be able to get a table at the gun show. At least I hope so as I ordered my table at NGD this past Monday. (the 12th).

Funny I ordered my table at SOS last February, but wait until clsoe to the end to get one at NGD.

I can get you in Thursday (or Friday for that matter) if you arrive and are not tired.

The Ohio Valley Military Society and Rod Dickson are are both funny. With proper planning, both could co-exist happily. But Ron has the ability to rub them the wrong way.

Additionally, there is the problem that many from the SOS side will move to NGD for Saturday. This leave the SOS show with a number of empty tables. Which in turn causes the general public who come in on Saturday to complain.

In 2010, the SOS people tried to get the names of the persons who were moving out Friday afternoon and Saturday morning to go to NGD. The idea was to take away their tables for the next years show.

That must not have worked too well, as in 2011, the SOS people set up row wardens to check the tables and encouraged other table holders to become quislings. But gun show people have devious minds and that must not have worked as it appears that the SOS people are going to try for different dates. Actually I cannot blame the SOS people as I can understand their problem.

The ideal thing to have would be to have both shows in the same hall. That, though, presents problems with the gate proceeds along with other problems.

If I could only do one of the two shows, I would do the SOS show as it fits my intersts better.