View Single Post
Unread 09-02-2002, 11:01 AM   #4
George Anderson
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,527 Times in 786 Posts
MG, I'm familiar with the warehouse full of numbered parts but it's not in Asia but rather in east central Texas, not far from Waco.

I responded to an ad some years ago in Gun List. Finally able to get this guy on the phone, I asked about artllery stocks and tools. He said he had plenty of them all from German stores in Potsdam. Some were marked and others not. He asked what numbers I was looking for and I told him "1939" as I had an artillery with that number.

After excusing himself from the phone for several minutes he came back on the line and said he did, indeed have a stock and tool so numbered. I grilled him some more and he insisted that all this stuff was original German munufacture and came from an old supply depot in Potsdam.

I sent the money and got the goods; an East German serrated tool and an IMA or Sarco stock. Both were numbered with the same dies. These two pieces now sit in a prominent place in my gun room to serve as reminders that a fool and his money are soon parted.

Since that time I have spotted this reptile and his extended family plying their trade at the Tulsa show. I have maintained anonymity and asked about their lugers. They were attempting to foist pieces of every sort and description that were all absolute s---.

Along with the bogus pieces I have kept the receipt and cancelled check.
George Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote