View Single Post
Unread 09-14-2021, 10:50 PM   #48
Military Engineer
User

All,

Took it to the range. Fired 30 rounds without a single locked toggle. I'm going to fine tune a little, but she's fixed.

I just wanted to give a shout out for everyone that helped, especially GT, who sent me the parts to help in the diagnosis.

I've attached the pix; some are after photos. Unfortunately, I didn't take the photos until after I started. Mainly I'm including them for posterity and for those who might have been having some issues visualizing the problem. First / second pics are where I think it was impacted, mushrooming the metal in and out perpendicular to the faces.

The ear does not yield when the toggle train comes back, so the right fork (because of the built up material on the inner face) was both rubbing against the "ear" and being pushed leftward, binding up the toggle train against what was a really rough inner surface to begin with. It explains the hard pull and rough feeling as the toggle is manually cycled. It's being bound up by the interference fit. When I filed the ear, I took a surprising amount of meat down to make it flat, as you can see by the shiny parts.

Does anyone per chance have good recommendation for someone within say 100 or 125 or so miles of San Diego that can blue a pistol?

Mark
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Luger 4.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	83987  

Name:	Luger 3.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	83988  

Name:	Luger 2.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	83989  

Name:	Luger 1.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	83990  

Name:	Luger 6.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	83991  

Name:	Luger 5.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	83992  

Last edited by Military Engineer; 09-14-2021 at 11:56 PM.
Military Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 9 members says Thank You to Military Engineer for your post: