View Single Post
Unread 09-14-2021, 12:04 AM   #47
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,581 Times in 989 Posts
Default Tracking down the issue!

Hi to all! This complete thread is very good example of how difficult it is to track down a luger malfunction issue? And, it is kind of ironic, that the more you know, the harder it seems to be to find and fix the problem? My gut feeling was an interference at some point, but I've seen so many different problems at both ends, where do you start? Mark obviously has some talent, as he speaks the correct language for problem solving and repair procedures. But for most it is like a picture with no focus? The lessons to take away from this exercise are, in my view, many fold. But we will point out the most important...
First, go slow! Don't rush to alter something just because it seems as the right thing to do initially?
Second, test, substitute parts, establish a repair protocol and start eliminating potential hot spots!
Third, alter very little, only enough to correct and make what you believe should happen, happen?
Fourth and maybe most important, seek out info and help from others who have experience, parts and skills in the area of repair you are now entering!
This forum is a wealth of information, and a great bunch of members willing to share and help! Great fun for all I know of no other place like it... best to all, til....lat'r....GT...
G.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 9 members says Thank You to G.T. for your post: