View Single Post
Unread 10-27-2016, 05:32 PM   #18
longbarrel
User

Thanks for your observations Dwight, I certainly appreciate all the input I'm receiving from everyone so far. To be honest I never thought about the mass of the barrel, sight etc being a factor and that's why I love this type of "think-tanking". To give you a bit more info to evaluate I have been leaning toward the conclusion that the head-spacing may be slightly off on this barrel as it took heavy pressure to lock up the toggle. I then adjusted the overall length of the casing and tried some rounds with casings I trimmed back .0002" and found this almost got me to a steady lock-up without overly powered ammo about 60% of the time. At this point it only takes a little pressure to complete lock-up and that's why I thought the original double leaf spring might be tired. Unfortunately I lack the capability to accurately confirm chamber dimensions and use these McGyvered tests instead. My new spring should be here by the end of the week and I'll post my results in thanks to all who have assisted me.
My apologies to anyone I'm giving heart attacks to and I'll definitely treat the old girl with more respect but she'll still go dancing!
Also thanks to everyone for the pics of your own guns; however, it does raise one question as I notice the markings on many are white and stand out more than mine and I was wondering why this was?
Sincere thanks -- Bruce
longbarrel is offline   Reply With Quote